Moving to ALERT LEVEL 2
We have united against Covid-19 and by continuing to work together we can earn the opportunity to move to Alert Level 2. When we move to Alert Level 2 we can leave our bubbles and reconnect with friends and family.
Cabinet is reviewing whether we are ready to move to Alert Level 2 on Monday 11 May. Until then, we remain at Alert Level 3.
To our Customers and Suppliers,
RCR Infrastructure Limited has been identified as an essential service provider and we have continued to support our Lifeline Essential Services customers through-out the Level 4 lockdown period. Following the Government’s announcement that the Cabinet is reviewing whether we are ready to move to Alert Level 2 on Monday 11 May 2020. Until then, we remain at Alert Level 3.
As RCR Infrastructure has activated our Business Continuity Plan (BCP), our office team has been offsite working from home successfully supporting our front-line staff since Level 4 & 3 was announced. Therefore, under the latest requirement the below will be our protocol working from 11th of May 2020.
RCR will keep its protocols as below once we move to Alert Level 2:
This means that we will adapt to the New Zealand COVID-19 Construction Protocols and fully prepare for our project team to restart their construction operations with all the required registers, cleaning materials, COVID-19 response plan and cleaning guide ready for them to help New Zealand restart again. (RCR Level 2 Covid-19 self-declaration from attached).
Moreover, we procured and stock sufficient PPE gear for all our frontline teams (Protection Equipment i.e. Masks, Hand Sanitizers, gloves, gowns). Our teams have all been briefed and will be practicing physical distancing, cleaning, and hygiene protocols. We are therefore confident that we are fully prepared to support all our customers who can operate under Alert Level 2 to restart their operations again.
TO OUR COURAGAEOUS – FIELD TECHNICIANS
Your role is vital to our country as we continue to provide services to key infrastructures in New Zealand. We will ensure we provide you all the support that you need and all necessary requirements to aid your smooth operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF RCR INFRASTRUCTURE LTD MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
- All Managers and Supervisors are briefed about the procedures for Alert Level 2 prepared to direct employees and contractors and answer any questions they may have.
- Managers and Supervisors must always set a good example by following the required
procedures always. This involves practicing good personal hygiene and jobsite safety practices to prevent the spread of the virus.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- We ensure we follow all the protocols from the Ministry of Health and Government updates on COVID-19 under Alert Level 2.
- We will maintain strict hygiene measures, including physical distancing, hand washing and regularly cleaning surfaces.
HYGIENE AND HANDWASHING
All staff must strictly follow all the basic hygiene guidelines as the most important ways to stop the spread of the virus, basic hygiene measures include:
- hand hygiene – washing hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds, or cleansing with hand sanitizer
- coughing and sneezing into a tissue or your elbow followed by hand hygiene routine
- cleaning surfaces regularly
- stay at home if you are feeling sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
All Staff are supplied with the necessary PPE required.
- Hi-Vis Vest
- RCR ID Card
While on-Site and Meeting Customers and while inside the Office
- Touch-free workplace, we are encouraging “no-handshake” greetings
- Always keep a 2-metre distance from people
- Keeping close contact time to less than 15 minutes.
- Reducing contact between different parts of the business.
- Splitting meal breaks to reduce the number of people using the kitchen.
- We record all staff on duty, or in the workplace, and keep records of the visitors.
- Receiving deliveries must be contact less, parcels must be left outside the office premise
NON‐REPORTING FOR WORK DUE TO FEELING UNWELL
- RCR Infrastructure Ltd advised all employees and contractors to remain at home if they feel unwell, even if they have mild symptoms such as headache and slight runny nose.
- Employees and contractors are to contact their doctor for a phone consultation to decide on a way forward. They are only to return to work once they have been given clearance by their doctor to do so.
- Our employees and contractors are encouraged to call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if they wish to gain any COVID‐19 health advice and information, address any questions they may have about the virus, self‐isolation, or if they have any symptoms etc.
RETURNING TO WORK
- Any employee or contractor who has been absent from work due to illness, are to only to return to work once they have been given clearance by their health care provider to do so.
- Should an employee or contractor have recovered from COVID‐19, they are still to remain at home as per the Ministry of Health and their health care provider’s advice. The advice received from the Ministry of Health regarding when a person may leave home after being ill has been: “A person is considered recovered from COVID‐19 if it has been 10 days since their first symptoms, and 48 hours since their last symptoms.”
OPEN COMMUNICATION – Employees are encouraged to reach out, to call their managers, colleagues, and HR to talk or discuss any questions & help you need.
WELLBEING AND WELLNESS PROGRAM
WE PROVIDE EAP SERVICES – Assistance on how to cope with Stress and Anxiety, stay focused, Healthy and Connected:
Below are the details to access our Portal.
Our Company ID: RCRNZ
NZ 0800 327 669
RCR Senior Leadership Team